MEMORIAL DAY
                      Image result for red poppy
      Memorial Day is celebrated annually on the last Monday of May. This day is to remember the fallen, those who died serving our country. During Memorial Day 41.5 million Americans plan to travel, 36.6 million will go by car and 3.13 will travel by plane. In addition, 90%+ close their companies on this day. A few ways to show honor and respect on Memorial Day is to wear or display a red poppy, pause at 3 pm, display the U.S. flag, attend a parade, pray for the fallen, and visit a memorial. A red poppy symbolizes the solders who dies in conflict. I plan to honor them by pausing a 3 pm and taking the time to reflect on their sacrifices and all that they've done for this country.  
      I believe that everyone should take the time to be thankful and grateful for all those fallen soldiers who took risked their life to serve this country. My half brother, me used to be in the army but he already did his serving. He is now a police for LAPD. I am very thankful for all that he did and did not die one his tour. Everyone should respect soldiers and veterans because they are brave, have the courage, and strength to go in to war, a place so scary. I personally would not like to be a soldier, I love my life and no matter how much I like my country, I value my life more. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog