Mental Health Counselor

Duties and Responsibilities: A Mental Health Counselor is someone who helps someone with mental health and well being issues. They help couples, individuals, families, and groups. Some tasks include working with individuals, discuss emotions, work with families, and examine issues. They may work in schools, agency, or government department

Salary: The annual salary for a Mental Health Counselor since the year 2015 is $43,190.

Education: In order to become a Mental Health Counselor you must acquire all educational requirements. This includes a master's degree and state license that is required in all stares. Also, an internship or supervised practical work.

Reflection: The career pathway of a Mental Health Counselor does not interest me. Although, the salary is only a little the job seems boring and not challenging. Another thing is that I do not like talking much, I prefer to work with my hands. This job also includes a lot of sitting and I do not want to be sitting all day. Also, Talking to parents and families makes me nervous and I do not think I would be good for this career. So, no I would not like to become a Mental Health Counselor.


   Image result for mental health counselor duties

Comments

Popular posts from this blog