"I have been asked what I mean by ‘word of honor.’ I will tell you: Place me behind prison walls–walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground–there is a possibility that in some way or another I may escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of the circle? No. Never! I’d die first!” - Karl G Maeser
Image result for keeping your word

   When you give someone your word, they expect you to keep it they same way you expect them to keep their word. Being irresponsible and not keeping your word makes people loose their trust and never believe your word again. However, if you keep your worth people will now that you are a trust worthy person and they know that you are responsible. When you give someone your word, they depend on you to do what you said you are going to do. For example, there has been many times where my sister goes to the store and I tell her to buy me something from the store and she says ok. She gave me her word that she was going to buy them. 5 minutes later she comes with two bags of chips, one for me and the other for her. I was so glad that she kept her word and if she kept her word for something as little as getting me something, I knew that I can trust her with big things. People do not like being lied to and disappointed. So, when you say you are going to do something make sure your actions prove that, not just your word. 
    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog